Worms are parasitic worms that live in the human body. It is known that there are about three hundred species of helminths in the world. Worms parasitize the internal organs, affecting them and causing various diseases.
Eggs of parasites enter the human body in several ways.
- Contact is one of the most common ways to enter the human body. Contagious helminthiasis is transmitted when the rules of personal hygiene (unwashed hands) are not observed.
- Geohelminthiaza. The larvae enter the soil or water through the feces of diseased animals, or through the transfer of insects. Flies are the main carrier of the infection. Also, the source of infestation is direct contact with a sick animal, through feces, saliva or wool.
- Biohelminthiasis. Infection occurs through the food route through food. Worm eggs enter the body through vegetables, fruits, unwashed eggs. Eating insufficiently cooked meat, fish, seafood also leads to invasion.
- transmission route. Some parasites enter the body through insect bites.
Signs of the appearance of worms
You can identify the presence of a disease in a person using the following symptoms:
- itching in the anus;
- bounce, bounce;
- chair violation;
- allergic rash on the body;
- weight changes;
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
If these signs appear, you should immediately contact your doctor, who will recommend you for tests, to diagnose the disease.
Treatment of worms
It is not possible to immediately detect the presence of the disease. The latency period can last for years. After diagnosis, anthelmintic drugs are prescribed by a specialist who performs a series of tests, identifying the type of parasite and the stage of the disease. For each type of parasite, a specific course of treatment will be prescribed. Self-medication in this case is contraindicated. In the acute form of the disease, the doctor prescribes infusions, injections.
Anthelmintic treatment is not always effective, so the course of therapy is repeated after a few weeks. During treatment, a portion of the helminthic worms die and come out through the feces.
Worm treatment has an integrated approach, including immunotherapy and the use of antibacterial drugs. All family members should undergo a preventive course against helminthiasis.